IJEN MT. (2,368 Masl)
” The Beauty of Blue Fire from Indonesia ”
Over hundred active volcano become a mystery within over thousand Islands in Indonesia. Erupting higher, leaving a smoky haze in the sky and dangerous gas in the air in only seconds. A volcano shows their anger, many people suffer and can make a really long nightmare for them. But, a beauty hides behind the beast of the nature. A scary feeling will be no more when the beauty comes to your eyes, touches your heart, opens your mind, and forces your mouth to say not only a word but sentences “Beautiful”
Ijen Crater is the biggest crater lake in Java. The sulfur crater lake lies between a natural dams of deeply etched rock. It is 200 meters deep and contains about 36million cubic meters of steaming acid water, shrouded in a smelling swirling sulfur cloud. Inside the crater the different color and size of stones are found. Indeed the crater of Ijen is beautiful garden of stone as well.
The view of sulfur miners who climb and go down to the crater is also amazing. A man puts about 10 kg of yellowish stone in to his basket, before he descends the mountain slope to sell his load, carrying the same basket, going in the same direction, digging the same mineral. It is the natural picture that can be seen everyday.
The principal attraction at Ijen is the large Crater Lake that has much sulfur, which lies hidden between sheer walls of deeply furrowed rock at more than 200 meters. The Ijen crater itself lies at approximately 2,300 meters above sea level. It forms a twin volcano with the now extinct Mount Merapi. The enormous Crater Lake, which is 200 meters deep and covers an area of more than meters, a million square meters, contains about 36 million cubic meters of steaming, acid water.
Ijen crater shows a special type of volcanic feature common to Indonesia, about 1 kilometer in diameter and 175 meters deep. The floor is covered completely by a warm lake, milky blue green in colours held back by a dam built many years ago by the Dutch, in order to keep the hot, mineral laden water from raining the crop lands below.
- Location : Ijen Mt Banyuwangi, Indonesia
- Track : Banyuwangi
- Type : Easy trekking, for all fitness level
- Best Season : All year round, best is June-September
- Trip level : Guided soft trekking
- All duration : 2 Days 1 Nights
- Trekking duration : 1 Days
- Reservation : Booking trip min 30 days before the trip begin (H-30)
- Trip highlight : one of the most beautiful sunrise on earth, amazing view of Mt Bromo; a caldera iside an ancient caldera, off road adventure on 4WD Jeep, one of the acidic lake in the world
This list is required gear. Some items may be adjusted or changed after you gear check with your CIMARA guide(s) depending on specific route and weather requirements that may change at the time of your climb / trek. An Important note as you pack : we are under weight restrictions with our porters so each item must be considered in light of its functionality and utility. Your bags will be weighed at several points during the trip and excess weight is generally not an option. Consider this carefully as you select your gear. This breakdown is provided as a quick checklist for your convenience. Additional clarification and descriptions of these items will be provided below the checklist.
If you still have questions, the CIMARA ADVENTURE can help.
- Travel documentation (Passport and Visa) copy
- Health certificate
- Trekking poles
- Backpack & Backpack Cover
- Cap/Hat & Balaclava
- Personal snack (Protein bars, chocolate, dried fruits, candies and snack food
- Headlamp/hand torch light & Batteries
- Sun glasses & Sun screen, or any other thing that will protect you from getting sun burnt
- Travel equipment for shower (toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, soap, etc)
- Hiking shoes. Boots are preferable, if not, you can bring the most comfortable sport shoes you have.
- Rain coat and/or Wind and waterproof breaker. You will need to bring it to the summit to break the wind
- Sandals/flip flops
- Enough socks (For sleep and trekking)
- Water bottle/Water bladder
- Drifit t-shirt, Long sleeve shirt, cotton or light weights pants (non-denim or jeans material), warm clothes, Down jackets, Hand gloves (it can be very chilly on the summit), Sweater or all of them if necessary.
- Personal medications. We will provide standard first aid kit tools, but please bring your own prescribed medication. And please let us know if you have and medical conditions
- Dont forget to bring your good mood
Please note that this list is only suggestion. You can add more equipment based on your personal needs.
Meet Point Juanda Airport, Surabaya city (Foreign Guests)
- Transportation with private air conditioned car (transfer in/out from/to arrival and departure point as per itinerary)
- Entrance tickets to National Parks
- One night at hotel/villa/homestay Banyuwangi, breakfast include
- Accomodation as indicated in the itinerary
- Mineral water and snacks or fruits during hiking days
- Accomodation as indicated in the itinerary
- T-shirt from CIMARA ADVENTURE
- Guide(s) from CIMARA ADVENTURE
- Standard first aid kit tools (Plester Hypafix, Betadine, Hidrocortison Ointment, Bioplacenton gel, Paracetamol 500g, loperamid, Domperidon, Antasida, Dexamethason, Spuit 3cc, Oxycan, pocari sweat sachets)
Not Include :
- Personal expenses (Snack, alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, personal medications)
- Items that are not mentioned in “included”
- Airport tax
- Transport from home to meet point
- Tips for guide(s) and porter(s)