Papandayan MT. (2,655 Masl)
” A dead forest from Indonesia ”
Stands at 2,665 masl in West Java. Mt Papandayan is what you called a scenic volcano. Your eyes will be spoiled with a grand panoramic view while hiking, from the majestic crater, the unique and picturesque dead forest, up to the delight of a vast edelweiss field at the top. A suitable light-hiking for beginners or first-timers, and also as an exciting family adventure day out.
The mount Papandayan area is a popular tourist site. Tourist can walk across the crater and view phenomena such as bubbling mud pools, steam vents, and sulfur deposits. Papandayan crater (Kawah papandayan), a bubbling yellow crater, is a popular sight. There are various other volcanic craters in the area to the south of Bandung as well.
- Location : Mount Papandayan,Garut-Indonesia
- Track : Garut gate
- Type : Trekking and tent during the trekking
- Best Season : All year round, best is April-November
- Trip level : Relax hiking
- All duration : 2 Days 1 Nights
- Trekking duration : 2 Days 1 Nights
- Reservation : Booking trip min 30 days before the trip begin (H-30)
This list is required gear. Some items may be adjusted or changed after you gear check with your CIMARA guide(s) depending on specific route and weather requirements that may change at the time of your climb / trek. An Important note as you pack : we are under weight restrictions with our porters so each item must be considered in light of its functionality and utility. Your bags will be weighed at several points during the trip and excess weight is generally not an option. Consider this carefully as you select your gear. This breakdown is provided as a quick checklist for your convenience. Additional clarification and descriptions of these items will be provided below the checklist.
If you still have questions, the CIMARA ADVENTURE can help.
- Travel documentation (Passport and Visa) copy
- Health certificate
- Trekking poles
- Backpack & Backpack Cover
- Cap/Hat & Balaclava
- Personal snack (Protein bars, chocolate, dried fruits, candies and snack food
- Headlamp/hand torch light & Batteries
- Sun glasses & Sun screen, or any other thing that will protect you from getting sun burnt
- Travel equipment for shower (toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, soap, etc)
- Hiking shoes. Boots are preferable, if not, you can bring the most comfortable sport shoes you have.
- Rain coat and/or Wind and waterproof breaker. You will need to bring it to the summit to break the wind
- Sandals/flip flops
- Enough socks (For sleep and trekking)
- Water bottle/Water bladder
- Drifit t-shirt, Long sleeve shirt, cotton or light weights pants (non-denim or jeans material), warm clothes, Down jackets, Hand gloves (it can be very chilly on the summit), Sweater or all of them if necessary.
- Personal medications. We will provide standard first aid kit tools, but please bring your own prescribed medication. And please let us know if you have and medical conditions
- Dont forget to bring your good mood
Please note that this list is only suggestion. You can add more equipment based on your personal needs.
Meeting point : Soekarno Hatta International Airport
- Transportation from meeting point to Garut (Full AC+Driver+Petrol)
- Retribution Papandayan Mountain ( Permit, all government and local taxes )
- Meals during trekking (indicated in the itinerary)
- Camping equipment (Mattress, Summer time tents for 4 person, sleeping bag), Camping chair for deluxe service
- Cooking stove
- Toll highway fee
- Parking fee
- Entrance fee
- Mineral Waters ( 3 litters for 2 days )
- T-shirt from CIMARA ADVENTURE
- Guide(s) from CIMARA ADVENTURE
- Standard first aid kit tools (Plester Hypafix, Betadine, Hidrocortison Ointment, Bioplacenton gel, Paracetamol 500g, loperamid, Domperidon, Antasida, Dexamethason, Spuit 3cc, Oxycan, pocari sweat sachets)
Not Include :
- Personal expenses (Snack, alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, personal medications)
- Items that are not mentioned in “included”
- Airport tax
- Transport from home to meet point
- Tips for guide(s) and porter(s)