PRAU MT. (2,565 Masl)
” The Best View from Central Java ”
Prau Mountain is one of mountain in Dieng Plateau. The peak is plain and long just like upside down ship (javanese : prau), that is why this mountain is called as Gunung Prau. Administratively, this mountain is located in Kendal, and Wonosobo regency.
Gunung Prau is the highest peak at Dieng Plateau, standing as it fences Dieng Village. Dieng Plateau is 2.093 meters and Gunung Perahu is 2599 meters, climbing the peak will not require mode of transport.
There are routes to climb this mountain, via Dieng, via Bringinsari village, Sukoharjo on the northeast and via Kenjuran Village, Kendal Regency.
Comes from Sanskrit words that literally means ‘Abode Of The Gods’, Dieng houses the oldest known stone structures in Java dating back to the 7th century remnants of the Hindu empire set in a beautiful volcanic landscape. The misty climate, sulphurous springs and colored lakes truly make this highest village in Java a place of natural wonder and cultural significance. Towering at 2,600 masl, Prau is the highest point in Dieng and it makes an excellent ridge hike. Along with the daisy-filled meadow hills and the stunning golden sunrise at the top, if the weather permits, you should have great views of up to 12 peaks of mountains around Central Java.
- Location : Batang, Kendal dan Wonosobo District.
- Track : Patak Banteng Basecamp
- Type : Mountaineering
- Trekking style : Lodge and Relax trip
- All duration : 3 Days 2 nights
- Trekking duration : 2 Days 1 Nights
- Meet point : Semarang / Wonosobo
- Reservation : Booking trip min 30 days before the trip begin (H-30)
This list is required gear. Some items may be adjusted or changed after you gear check with your CIMARA guide(s) depending on specific route and weather requirements that may change at the time of your climb / trek. An Important note as you pack : we are under weight restrictions with our porters so each item must be considered in light of its functionality and utility. Your bags will be weighed at several points during the trip and excess weight is generally not an option. Consider this carefully as you select your gear. This breakdown is provided as a quick checklist for your convenience. Additional clarification and descriptions of these items will be provided below the checklist.
If you still have questions, the CIMARA ADVENTURE can help.
- Travel documentation (Passport and Visa) copy
- Health certificate
- Trekking poles
- Backpack & Backpack Cover
- Cap/Hat & Balaclava
- Personal snack (Protein bars, chocolate, dried fruits, candies and snack food
- Headlamp/hand torch light & Batteries
- Sun glasses & Sun screen, or any other thing that will protect you from getting sun burnt
- Travel equipment for shower (toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, soap, etc)
- Hiking shoes. Boots are preferable, if not, you can bring the most comfortable sport shoes you have.
- Rain coat and/or Wind and waterproof breaker. You will need to bring it to the summit to break the wind
- Sandals/flip flops
- Enough socks (For sleep and trekking)
- Water bottle/Water bladder
- Drifit t-shirt, Long sleeve shirt, cotton or light weights pants (non-denim or jeans material), warm clothes, Down jackets, Hand gloves (it can be very chilly on the summit), Sweater or all of them if necessary.
- Personal medications. We will provide standard first aid kit tools, but please bring your own prescribed medication. And please let us know if you have and medical conditions
- Dont forget to bring your good mood
Please note that this list is only suggestion. You can add more equipment based on your personal needs.
Meeting point : Semarang city/Wonosobo city
- Local Transportation for Hiking, Arjuna temple, Sikidang Crater and Telaga warna (Elf + Full AC + Driver + Petrol)
- Retribution Prau Mountain ( Permit, all government and local taxes )
- Retribution Arjuna Temple, Sikidang crater and Telaga Warna
- Summer time Tents
- Logistic (B,D)
- Cooking stove (Nesting + Stove + Gas)
- Dinning facilities equipment
- Guide from CIMARA ADVENTURE
- Porter(s) team from CIMARA ADVENTURE
- Free T-shirt from CIMARA ADVENTURE
Not Include :
- Transport from Home to meet point
- Airport Tax
- Personal snack
- Personal clothing equipment
- Personal Mineral water
- Meals in the city
- Tips for guide(s) and Porter(s)