RAUNG MT. (3,344 Masl)
” The Most Extreme Tracks From East Java Indonesia ”
Mount Raung in Indonesia is one of the most extreme tracks and active volcanoes on the island of java in Indonesia. It’s located in the province of East Java and has a 2-Kilometre-wide (1.2 mi) and 500-metre-deep (1,600 ft) caldera surrounded by a grayish rim. The difference in color of the rimand the flanks of the volcanoes is caused by the rim’s lack of vegetation compared with the healthy and extensive vegetation on the flanks. Raung standing almost 3,344 metres !10,932 ft) above sea level, is the tallest volcano of this cluster. Mount Raung have four peaks is Bendera Peak, 17 Peak, Tusukgigi Peak and The One Sejati Peak (3,344 masl). Embarking on an expedition to Mt. Raung can be the epic climbing and most unforgettable moment, also with guidance that CIMARA offers.
For Raung you need to be confident moving on moderate rock terrain, on fixed ropes, rappelling, clipping in and out of anchors, etc. Up on the summit ridge there are several precipitous notches to cross. It is not unusual to get rain during the climb, but the temperatures are not extreme. Your Adventure starts here!.
- Location : Mount Raung Kalibaru, Banyuwangi, Indonesia
- Track : Kalibaru Gate
- Type : Extreme Trekking and camping
- Best season : All year round, best is April-November
- Trip level : Strenuous, physical fitness is required
- All duration : 5 Days 4 Nights
- Trekking duration : 4 Days 3 Nights
- Reservation : Booking trip min 30 days before the trip begin (H-30)
This list is required gear. Some items may be adjusted or changed after you gear check with your CIMARA guide(s) depending on specific route and weather requirements that may change at the time of your climb / trek. An Important note as you pack : we are under weight restrictions with our porters so each item must be considered in light of its functionality and utility. Your bags will be weighed at several points during the trip and excess weight is generally not an option. Consider this carefully as you select your gear. This breakdown is provided as a quick checklist for your convenience. Additional clarification and descriptions of these items will be provided below the checklist.
If you still have questions, the CIMARA ADVENTURE can help.
- Travel documentation (Passport, Visa, ID Card) copy
- Health certificate
- Trekking poles
- Backpack & Backpack Cover
- Cap/Hat & Balaclava
- Personal snack (Protein bars, chocolate, dried fruits, candies and snack food
- Headlamp/hand torch light & Batteries
- Sun glasses & Sun screen, or any other thing that will protect you from getting sun burnt
- Travel equipment for shower (toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, soap, etc)
- Hiking shoes. Boots are preferable, if not, you can bring the most comfortable sport shoes you have.
- Rain coat and/or Wind and waterproof breaker. You will need to bring it to the summit to break the wind
- Sandals/flip flops
- Enough socks (For sleep and trekking)
- Water bottle/Water bladder
- Drifit t-shirt, Long sleeve shirt, cotton or light weights pants (non-denim or jeans material), warm clothes, Down jackets, Hand gloves (it can be very chilly on the summit), Sweater or all of them if necessary.
- Personal medications. We will provide standard first aid kit tools, but please bring your own prescribed medication. And please let us know if you have and medical conditions
- Dont forget to bring your good mood
Please note that this list is only suggestion. You can add more equipment based on your personal needs.
Meeting Point : Juanda Airport-Surabaya city
- Transportation from meeting point to Kalibaru basecamp (Surabaya-Banyuwangi)
- Local transportation from Basecamp to Shelter 1
- Retribution Raung Mountain ( Permit, all government and local taxes )
- Equipment climbing team (Carnmantel, Ascending, Descending, Webbing, Figure of eight, Carabiner, and Helm (optional))
- Meals during trekking (indicated in the itinerary)
- Camping equipment (Mattress, Summer time tents for 4 person, sleeping bag) Camping chair for deluxe service
- Water for cooking
- Cooking stove
- Mineral Waters ( 5 litters for 4 days )
- T-shirt from CIMARA ADVENTURE
- Guide(s) from CIMARA ADVENTURE
- Porter(s) for team
- Standard first aid kit tools (Plester Hypafix, Betadine, Hidrocortison Ointment, Bioplacenton gel, Paracetamol 500g, loperamid, Domperidon, Antasida, Dexamethason, Spuit 3cc, Oxycan, pocari sweat sachets)
Not Include :
- Personal expenses (Snack, alcoholic beverages, souvenirs, personal medications)
- Items that are not mentioned in “included”
- Airport tax
- Transport from home to meet point
- Tips for guide(s) and porter(s)
I had a great time. This is my best trip in Indonesia, I met a lot of new friends. I hope we meet again someday. Crystal and Mad are awesome. Thankyou Cimara Adventure 🙂