” Welcome to the Longest Trek from Java (47 kilometers, up and down) ”
ARGOPURO MT. (3,088 Masl)
The Argopuro mountain complex offers one of the longest and most isolated treks in Java with incredible scenery to match. Above the agricultural land (corn, cassava, tobacco, coffee, cocoa), at about 1,200m, the track enters tall, often moss/lichen/epiphyte-covered, lower-montane forest. At higher altitudes (above about 1,800m), casuarina (Casuarina junghuhniana) dominates the upper-montane slopes; this specie is especially resistant to fires that are quite common. Extensive “button-grass” meadows occur in depressions. Edelweiss (Anaphalis javanica) occurs in the sub-alpine zone around 2,600m and above. Many local hikers spend 4-6 days making the traverse and the 3-day trip is about a short as you can realistically make it.
The ruins of an ancient Hindu temple on Rengganis peak, named after Princess Rengganis who supposedly built the temple possibly as early as the 12th century, make for a mystical experience. The highest peak is Argopuro (3,088m) adjacent to Rengganis (3,066m). The track passes by the beautiful, secluded Danau Taman Hidup (Living Garden Lake) (2,000m).
The Rengganis/Argopuro peaks can be approached from either the towns of Baderan to the north-east or Bremi to the west. The Baderan ascent is more gradual although longer. This description starts at Baderan and finishes at Bremi. Guides/porters can be arranged and permits obtained from the Forestry Office, Baderan (at the end of the asphalt road), for which copies of passport/ID are essential.
- Location : Probolinggo city, Situbondo city, and Bondowoso city
- Track : Baderan Basecamp
- Type : Mountaineering
- Trekking style : Lodge and Relax trip
- All duration : 5 Days 4 Nights
- Trekking duration : 4 Days 3 Nights
- Meet point : Surabaya city
- Reservation : Booking trip min 30 days before the trip begin (H-30)
This list is required gear. Some items may be adjusted or changed after you gear check with your CIMARA guide(s) depending on specific route and weather requirements that may change at the time of your climb / trek. An Important note as you pack : we are under weight restrictions with our porters so each item must be considered in light of its functionality and utility. Your bags will be weighed at several points during the trip and excess weight is generally not an option. Consider this carefully as you select your gear. This breakdown is provided as a quick checklist for your convenience. Additional clarification and descriptions of these items will be provided below the checklist.
If you still have questions, the CIMARA ADVENTURE can help.
- Travel documentation (Passport, Visa, ID Card) copy
- Health certificate
- Trekking poles
- Backpack & Backpack Cover
- Cap/Hat & Balaclava
- Personal snack (Protein bars, chocolate, dried fruits, candies and snack food
- Headlamp/hand torch light & Batteries
- Sun glasses & Sun screen, or any other thing that will protect you from getting sun burnt
- Travel equipment for shower (toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, soap, etc)
- Hiking shoes. Boots are preferable, if not, you can bring the most comfortable sport shoes you have.
- Rain coat and/or Wind and waterproof breaker. You will need to bring it to the summit to break the wind
- Sandals/flip flops
- Enough socks (For sleep and trekking)
- Water bottle/Water bladder
- Drifit t-shirt, Long sleeve shirt, cotton or light weights pants (non-denim or jeans material), warm clothes, Down jackets, Hand gloves (it can be very chilly on the summit), Sweater or all of them if necessary.
- Personal medications. We will provide standard first aid kit tools, but please bring your own prescribed medication. And please let us know if you have and medical conditions
- Dont forget to bring your good mood
Please note that this list is only suggestion. You can add more equipment based on your personal needs.
Meeting point : Juanda Airport-Surabaya city
- Local Transportation from meet point to Baderan Basecamp (Elf + Driver + Full AC + Petrol)
- Retribution Argopuro Mountain ( Permit, all government and local taxes )
- Logistic (B,L,D)
- Summer time Tents
- Cooking stove (Nesting + Stove + Gas)
- Dinning facilities equipment
- Guide(s) from CIMARA ADVENTURE
- Porter(s) team from CIMARA ADVENTURE
- Free T-shirt from CIMARA ADVENTURE
Not Include :
- Transport from home to meet point
- Personal snack
- Personal clothing equipment
- Mineral water
- Meals in the city
- Tips for guide(s) and Porter(s)